Mozilla’s Playdoh is a web application template based on Django.
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. Playdoh is simply a pre-configured Django project that adds some essential modules and middleware to meet the following goals:
- Enhance the security of your application and its data
- Achieve optimal performance in the face of high traffic
- Localize content in multiple languages using Mozilla’s L10n standards
- Use the best tools and best practices to make development fun and easy
This is an open source project; patches are welcome! Feel free to fork and contribute to this project on Github.
All new web development projects at Mozilla (and maybe elsewhere?) are created using Playdoh. However, Playdoh is not a framework itself. All of its components can be installed and configured individually without using the Playdoh template.
- Getting started
- User Guide
- Maintaining playdoh, playdoh-lib, playdoh-docs and funfactory